Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Vintage Challenge

I am going to a Stampin’ Up team meeting this weekend and one of the contest for the weekend is: Vintage - Using the great styles from the past. Think 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, retro. Think about your grandmother's wall paper or your grandfather's tools, your Mom's prom dress, your Dad's first car. Let that inspire you. Bring a picture with your entry. This can be from a magazine too.
So what inspired me? My sister’s bathroom. Her house was built in the 70s I believe and I remembered that the last time I was there looking at the tiles in her bathroom and thinking I have a stamp set similar to this I should make a card and then this contest called. So you can imagine how crazy my brother in law thought I was when I called the other night and asked him if he could take pictures of the tiles in his bathroom. But being the wonderful guy that he is he did as I asked and my sister emailed me the pictures. So here is a picture of one of the tiles……

And here is the card I made……
Well what do you think?
I used:
Stamp sets: Seeing Spots & Enjoy every moment
Cardstock: Whisper White, Brushed Gold, & Barely Banana
Accessories: ¼ white grosgrain ribbon, gold embossing powder, clear embossing powder.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

LOve this card. What a great bil you have. Sounds like a wonderful trip to dallas also. My bff lives in Flower Mound. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! Love the colour and style.