Friday, November 21, 2008

My Wonderful Grandpa!


November 14th was my Grandpa Litteken’s (my mom’s dad) 75th Birthday. To celebrate my mom and 7 of her 8 siblings drove to Tennessee (about an 8 hour drive for each of them) and all drove up his driveway at the same time to surprise him. The best part is that none of them sent him a card or called so just as grandpa was starting to get a little peeved that no one seemed to remember his 75th birthday they showed up. My mom said my grandfather was very tickled and that they all had a great weekend in Tennessee. I wish I could have been there but none of Grandpa’s 26 grandchildren or 21 great grandchildren were invited. How rude! Well I guess that would have been quite a house full. My Grandpa is an awesome man and I miss him lots. Denno and I are hoping to take the girls to see him at his lake house sometime in early spring.



Any how I made grandpa a card and so did Kayla and Madelyn. We also sent him some pictures and a little gift that arrived somewhat late but I did manage to get it to him in the month of November so that’s a plus.



I really like the way this card turned out. Does anyone think it is to christmasy. I think i think that because i know the DSP is the Holiday paper.



Kayla's beautiful card. She picked boats b/c Grandpa Gil (as she now calls him) has boats on his lake.



This is Madelyn's Card. Her and I picked dogs because rumor has it that my grandpa took in a stray dog and it is the new love of Him and his wife Judy's life.

0 Comments: