Monday, April 20, 2009

In memory of Puss-Puss

March 1994 - April 2009



Today started out pretty horrible with me having to put my cat that I have had for 15 years to sleep. She lost a bunch of weight so we took her to the vet and it turned out she had cancer. So this morning around 10:00 we had her put down.

It is always hard to let an animal go as I am sure many of you know. I got Puss- Puss when I was in eighth grade. I was away at boarding school when my parents moved to Northern VA. My cat Leo ran away as soon as they let him out of his carrier in VA and I called everyday for the last two weeks of school to see if he had come home. He hadn’t. So two of my friends went to a place where they saw free kittens and go me a kitten. When mom and dad came to pick it up they had found my cat Leo but they let me Keep my little kitten that I named Tiffany.

My mom decided that Tiffany was not a good cat name and started calling her Puss- Puss. I have always hated that name and it is so embarrassing. My mom used to stand on the front porch yelling for Puss. One time when my brother was in high school he had a bunch of his guy friends over to party. A few of them spent the night and the next morning my mom came down and asked the boys “Hey boys did any of you see Puss last night?” Of course mom was asking about the cat but the boys were totally shocked.

Puss-Puss has been with me through a lot. She was the first cat I got that was mine. She was always waiting for me to come home from college. When I got my first apartment and was living all alone she was my companion. She kept me company and was there to welcome me when I got home from work. When Denno and I got married she hated Denno because he took her spot on the bed. After about 6 months she grew to love him because she figured out he would pet her all day long.

All the girls have loved her so much especially Hailey. Hailey loved to hold her and pet her. Puss-puss will be sorely missed. She was a great cat and I loved her very much. Today was a hard day but it was very nice to know I have such great friends. Thank you to all of my friends for their kind words it has truly helped me through today.

1 Comment:

mommy2alex said...

{HUGS} to you friend, what a sad day.