Thursday, April 16, 2009

Remembering the Virginia Tech Tragedy


My family knew one of the families who were affected by the tragedy at Virginia Tech 2 years ago today. My brother played on a soccer team for years with Omar Samaha and my parents were friends with Joe and Mona Samaha. I only remember Reema as a young girl who use to play on the sidelines with her sister Randa at the soccer games. As a parent I can’t imagine what her parents have gone through and it saddens me that they have to go on without one of their wonderful children. This horrible tragedy could not have happened to a nicer family. Reema and her family will forever be in our hearts and our minds and so will all the other families affected by that horrible day two years ago.

Both of the pictures here on my blog are from the "We Remember" website on Virginia Tech's website. Here is the link to the website. http://www.vt.edu/remember/

And here is the link to the Reema's bio page.

http://www.vt.edu/remember/biographies/reema_joseph_samaha.html

1 Comment:

mommy2alex said...

What a moving photo!
Thank you for sharing your personal connection.